I spent 36 hours over the weekend doing nothing but working on manuscript revisions. Well, I did sleep and take some food breaks 🙂
At home, if I spend more than a couple of hours writing, I get restless and I’m ready to move on to something else.
But I got to my Airbnb* on Saturday ready to roll. I didn’t have that restless feeling and the hours passed quickly.
However, it was taxing and it felt like work. Work of my own making, and work I wanted to do, but work nonetheless.
If I did this more often, I wonder if it would feel less like work. I could get used to it, though!
What I completed:
- Typed in all comments from my four readers on the first 140 pages of the manuscript.
- Reviewed the comments as a whole and made a “to-do” list of 25 things (!) that still need to be addressed, gaps that need to be filled, etc.
- Started a little bit of actual revision.
- Read the LAPD report on the May 17, 1974 shootout that killed Camilla.
- Mulled and thought.
- Journaled a bit on next steps.
- Wrote two blog posts.
- Read my current nightstand book.
This is the result of me listening to messages from the universe. Do I really have to go back to my day job now, lol!