I’m so excited to offer again a memoir workshop weekend in Grand Marais this year! I had a fabulous time teaching the class last July; I’m happy I was invited back!
The class will cover the following:
- Definitions of memoir/personal essay
- Identifying inner and outer stories
- Universal themes in memoir
- Truth and memory
- Types of essays
- Organization and structure
- Placing your work in magazines and literary journals
- The agent/editor search
We will do writing and reading exercises such as:
- Finding the inner and outer story
- Working with description, dialogue, scene
- Sentences structure
- Action vs. reflection
Give yourself a little treat by escaping to Grand Marais for a weekend of writing along the beautiful shore of Lake Superior! Grand Marais was named the “coolest small town” in the U.S. in 2015 by Budget Travel. Not a surprise: this amazing little town is gorgeous and welcoming any time of year.
The class is Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days with a lunch break. More details, including registration, here.
If you have any questions, please reach out. Whether you are just starting to think about writing a memoir, or whether you’ve already done some work on one, I’d love to see you there!